The convicted terrorist who planted two pressure-cooker bombs on New York City streets — including one that injured 30 people with a rain of shrapnel when it detonated — was sentenced Tuesday to multiple life terms in prison.

Ahmad Khan Rahimi, 29, was convicted in October of planting pressure-cooker bombs in New York and New Jersey on Sept. 17, 2016.

The blast in New York City happened hours after a small pipe bomb went off during a Marine Corps 5K run in Seaside Heights, N.J. No one was injured in that explosion because the race had been delayed. A subsequent two-day manhunt ended in a shootout with police in New Jersey, where Rahimi was shot several times. No police were wounded.

Federal prosecutors said Rahimi has not shown remorse since his arrest, and has tried to radicalize fellow prisoners at the federal jail in New York.

FILE - In this Dec. 20, 2016, file photo, Ahmad Khan Rahimi, center, is led into court in Elizabeth, N.J. Rahimi, who set off small bombs on a New York City street and at a charity race in New Jersey, is set to be sentenced to a mandatory term of life in prison. He is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018, by a federal judge in Manhattan. (AP Photo/Mel Evans, File)

In this Dec. 20, 2016, file photo, Ahmad Khan Rahimi, center, is led into court in Elizabeth, N.J.

 (AP Photo/Mel Evans)

“He is proud of what he did, scornful of the American justice system, and as dedicated as ever to his terrorist ideology,” they wrote.

When asked to speak at his sentencing Tuesday, Rahimi said he doesn’t “harbor hate for anyone.”

Rahimi, an Afghanistan-born man inspired by the Islamic State and Al Qaeda in 2012, began attempting to radicalize other inmates at the Metropolitan Correctional Center late last year.

CHELSEA BOMBER TRIED TO ‘RADICALIZE’ INMATES, HAS ‘NO REMORSE’ FOR CRIMES, PROSECUTORS SAY

According to prosecutors, he shared propaganda materials, speeches by terrorist leaders like Usama bin Laden and Anwar al-Awlaki in addition to bomb-making instructions. One inmate who was said to have viewed the materials was facing charges of providing material support and resources to ISIS.

A vehicle is left damaged next to a garbage dumpster as a security official walks past the site of an explosion which took place on Saturday night in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, New York, U.S.  September 18, 2016.  REUTERS/Rashid Umar Abbasi - S1BEUCBVRGAA

A vehicle is left damaged next to a garbage dumpster as a security official walks past the site of an explosion in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, New York, U.S. September 18, 2016.

 (REUTERS/Rashid Umar Abbasi)

Sajmir Alimehmeti, who is accused of trying to recruit for ISIS, was moved last month away from Rahimi after he was caught with a thumb drive of materials from the case that included bomb-making instructions and copies of an Al Qaeda magazine, according to the New York Post.

“As the evidence at trial demonstrated, the defendant was committed to waging his holy war against Americans years before he carried out his attack,” prosecutors said of Rahimi. “Even today, he appears to remain steadfast in that commitment and has shown no remorse. The defendant’s communications while incarcerated further demonstrate that, far from appreciating the depravity of his actions, he is proud of what he did, scornful of the American justice system, and as dedicated as ever to his terrorist ideology.”

NEW JERSEY MAN CONVICTED IN NEW YORK CITY BOMBINGS THAT INJURED 30

Ahmad Rahimi (Rahami), who is wanted for questioning in connection with an explosion in New York City, is seen in this image taken from video, released by the New Jersey State Police on September 19, 2016.  Courtesy New Jersey State Police/Handout via REUTERS    ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY. FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY - TM3EC9J0V1O01

Ahmad Khan Rahami is seen in this image taken from video released by the New Jersey State Police before the bombing in New York City.

 (New Jersey State Police/Handout)

On Monday, Rahimi’s father called him a “terrorist” in an interview with WNBC, but claimed that he contacted the FBI in 2014 with concerns that his son could be a terrorist.

“After two months, they say, ‘Your son is not doing any act like a terrorist,'” Mohammad Rahami told the television station. “I said, ‘You sure he not doing anything?’ He say, ‘Yeah, is good news.'”

An FBI official told The Associated Press a previous interview that Rahami “at no time” discussed his son’s radicalization or potential interest in Al Qaeda or the Talbin in interviews with agents.

Fox News’ Elizabeth Zwirz and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Travis Fedschun is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @travfed

Source

NO COMMENTS